Thursday, October 06, 2005

After the Rain



What I like about this shot:
(a) the warm setting sun color
(b) the distinct depth
(c) the jagged edge of the tarp cutting diagonally across the shot
(d) it was a 'happenstance' find. I happened to catch a glance of the sun coming through the rain specked tarp out of the corner of my eye walking across the porch to click yet another sunset shot

What I don't like about this shot:
(a) the tarp piece is not in clear focus - so the whole shot ends up looking blurry
(b) the tarp piece is not large enough to really catch and keep your eye before it wanders and stays on the blurry background.
(c) the background composition is just mediocre. I like the sun, the bridge and the clouds, but the trees on the right are too dark and distracting from the shot

My Evaluation:
(a) thumbs up on 'concept' and 'find'
(b) thumbs down on execution

What do you think? (Kind honesty appreciated.) :)

6 Comments:

Blogger bingo and betty said...

... thats it. perfect.

8:16 PM, October 06, 2005  
Blogger KMJ said...

I knew this was a bingo-worthy shot. :) Hi friend, nice to hear from you.

8:50 PM, October 06, 2005  
Blogger KMJ said...

This is just a piece of plastic tarp hanging down from our balcony. (We're doing an addition to our house.)

6:47 AM, October 08, 2005  
Blogger Milan said...

I think it looks Ok, and somehow has Sci-Fi look to it. Like a landscape in a frozen world light years away from Earth :) And I like the warm colours.

4:58 PM, October 09, 2005  
Blogger zbjernak said...

like the edge...
looks cool with the pov

5:45 PM, October 09, 2005  
Blogger AmberJ said...

Didn't even notice it was out of focus until you pointed it out. Great shot! I kink of liked the fact the tarp was in the foreground. At first I thought it was broken glass or something witht the coloring.

8:09 PM, October 10, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home